Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year.
A few of the many goals that we will be working on this upcoming year include the following:
– Printing first and last names using an upper case letter for the first letter and lower case letters for the rest of the letters.
– Recognizing and printing all of the upper and lower case letters of the alphabet.
– Learning all of the letter sounds.
– Identifying and writing the numbers from 0-30 and writing them in order.
– Reading at least 30 sight words.
– Sorting objects by size, color and shape.
– Identifying the basic plane shapes and 3D figures.
– Writing meaningful sentences using punctuation.
– Adding and subtracting numbers.
– Work on refining social skills, such as sharing, using good communication skills. respecting others, etc…
Our classroom expectations are as follows:
– No running
– No inappropriate touching (pushing, hitting, kicking)
– No loud voices or making noises
– No bullying (mean words, teasing)
– No ignoring the quiet sign or resets
Some things that you can do at home to help your child succeed in school include:
– Make sure they get a good nights sleep every weeknight.
– Feed them a good breakfast each morning or have them eat at school.
– Help them to manage their stress.
– Reinforce lessons taught at school, including reading to or with your child on a daily basis.
– Practice their sight words, numbers, letters and letter sounds with them.
– Look for teachable moments at home and take advantage of them.
– Maintain open communication with the school and keep me informed of any changes in your child’s life that would adversely affect their educational success.
– Participate in the many after school and evening programs offered for families.
Together we can make this a great year for your child!