Athletics Welcome Message
As Director of Athletics, I would like to welcome you to the East Jackson Athletic Department. I look forward to getting to know you as you progress through our athletic programs.
Successful athletic programs have specific goals. These goals should center on a positive experience for every athlete, building an environment with high ethical standards and expectations, and sportsmanship for all our student-athletes and coaches.
A successful athletic program also includes dedicated coaches, active support from the student body and volunteers, outstanding leadership from school administrators, and most importantly, a great sense of community. It will be our mission to work together to create the best athletic programs possible.
As a parent, you have a right to understand what expectations are placed on your child. This begins with clear communication from the coach of the respective team. This communication should include:
- Philosophy of the coach
- Team requirements
- Team discipline and behavior
Communication that coaches can expect from parent/guardians:
- Concerns expressed directly to the coach and in a professional manner
- Notification of any schedule conflicts well in advance
- Use of the athletics website provided, in securing the information readily available to parents/guardians and their child
There are situations that may require a conference between the coach and parent. It is important that both parties involved have a clear understanding of the athlete’s position. The following procedures should be followed to help promote resolution following communication between player and coach:
- Contact the program head coach to set up an appointment. Please do not attempt to confront a coach before, during, or after a game. This time can be emotional for all. Meetings of this nature do not promote resolution.
- If the meeting with the coach did not provide satisfactory resolutions, then a meeting with the Athletic Director and Coach is the next step.
I hope that you are excited as we begin another year of Trojans Athletics. This privilege extended to your son or daughter will lay the foundation for future success in life. I am honored to be associated with East Jackson Athletics
Director of Athletics
Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
East Jackson Secondary School
Catch up with the Latest News on our Athletics SiteVisit Athletics Site
Jeff Punches, Athletic Director Phone
Kathie Tomaw, Athletic Secretary Phone
High School and Athletic Office Fax