Athletics Welcome Message
As Director of Athletics, I would like to welcome you to the East Jackson Athletic Department. I look forward to getting to know you as you progress through our athletic programs.
Successful athletic programs have specific goals. These goals should center on a positive experience for every athlete, building an environment with high ethical standards and expectations, and sportsmanship for all our student-athletes and coaches.
A successful athletic program also includes dedicated coaches, active support from the student body and volunteers, outstanding leadership from school administrators, and most importantly, a great sense of community. It will be our mission to work together to create the best athletic programs possible.
As a parent, you have a right to understand what expectations are placed on your child. This begins with clear communication from the coach of the respective team. This communication should include:
- Philosophy of the coach
- Team requirements
- Team discipline and behavior
Communication that coaches can expect from parent/guardians:
- Concerns expressed directly to the coach and in a professional manner
- Notification of any schedule conflicts well in advance
- Use of the athletics website provided, in securing the information readily available to parents/guardians and their child
There are situations that may require a conference between the coach and parent. It is important that both parties involved have a clear understanding of the athlete’s position. The following procedures should be followed to help promote resolution following communication between player and coach:
- Contact the program head coach to set up an appointment. Please do not attempt to confront a coach before, during, or after a game. This time can be emotional for all. Meetings of this nature do not promote resolution.
- If the meeting with the coach did not provide satisfactory resolutions, then a meeting with the Athletic Director and Coach is the next step.
I hope that you are excited as we begin another year of Trojans Athletics. This privilege extended to your son or daughter will lay the foundation for future success in life. I am honored to be associated with East Jackson Athletics
Director of Athletics
Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
East Jackson Secondary School
Jeff Punches, Athletic Director Phone
Kathie Tomaw, Athletic Secretary Phone
High School and Athletic Office Fax